South African Travellers is looking for a
Senior Product Manager
You have a solid product management experience in the Tourism industry.
You are passionate about travels and have an excellent knowledge of South Africa and Namibia.
You love to share your passion to others and you are looking for a new exciting challenge?
Join our vibrant team and share your passion for Africa!
Position based in Cape Town (South Africa)
Local contract – full-time
Who are we ?
Exciting opportunity to join South African Travellers www.satravellers.com, a leading mid-size inbound-tour operator based in Cape Town and specialised in the sale of tailor-made holiday packages to French-speaking clients.
High-profile position where the candidate must consistently challenge existing suppliers and prospect for new accommodation/activity providers across the main markets (South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique). The applicant needs to understand the desires of a mid-upmarket European clientele as well as the requirements of tailor-made luxury and experimental travel.
Position reporting to: General Manager
Development of an innovative product strategy in line with the company culture and identity
- Development of an innovative product strategy in line with the company culture and identity
Market and portfolio analysis: Be up-to date with new tendencies and tourism trends, have good understanding of the distributors needs and characteristics and a perfect knowledge of our market trends and added values for an inbound tour operator. Identify the gap in the current offering
- Market and portfolio analysis: Be up-to date with new tendencies and tourism trends, have good understanding of the distributors needs and characteristics and a perfect knowledge of our market trends and added values for an inbound tour operator. Identify the gap in the current offering
Prospection in order to find call to action products; Prospect for new partners matching our brand positioning (accommodations, activities, guides, car rental companies)
- Based on complete analysis and prospection feedback
- Create and develop innovative itineraries in South Africa, Mozambique, Botswana and Namibia for individual clients (B2B and direct)
- Consistently challenge existing products
- Identify the best and most appropriate routes for our self-drive clientele
- Develop and maintain positive supplier relationship
- Negotiate tariffs with existing and new suppliers
Audit new and existing partners to ensure they match our quality requirements
- Deliver the content to the sales team in an original and efficient format
- Provide the content to our system administrator in the adequate format including: selection of pictures; writing of descriptive for accommodations, routes, itineraries, destinations
Develop innovative customer informative documents (check-lists, information)
- Manage crisis and emergency management towards clients
Provide leadership and assistance to the sales team in case of crisis with their clients
- Supervise tariff input in our pricing tool (TourPlan)
- Monitor and update content of our systems (WETU)
Monitor and participate in the improvement the content of our application
- Assessment of the staff comprehension of our niche market
- Continuously train the staff and develop their product knowledge
- Challenge the team to participate in the product development
- Collaborate closely with our marketing department for brochure and product production
- 3+ years of Product management experience in travel industry
- Product and project management experiences required
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of French is a big plus
- Excellent knowledge of main touristic destinations in South Africa and Namibia
- Knowledge of Botswana and Mozambique is a plus
- Passionate about travel & Africa
- Excellent inter-personal & communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong business development skills
- Strong change management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Be able to deliver towards set targets
- Autonomous and “Intrapreneur”
- Flexible, available, open-minded, dynamic, pro-active
Position is based in our offices in the city centre of Cape Town.
Duration & Timing: Full-time employee / Starting a.s.a.p.
Remuneration: Market-related fixed salary (28 to 35k depending on experience) + attractive bonus package.
Join us and share your passion for South Africa!
Send cover letter & CV to email@example.com